Travel Photo: Stone remains of the basilica "The Lamb of God"

Continuing with my Aya sofia photo series.
Quote from Wikipedia:

"Several marble blocks from this second church have survived to the present day,
and they are displayed in the garden of the current (third) church. The blocks
were originally part of a monumental front entrance; they were excavated in the
western courtyard by A.M. Schneider in 1935. The relief depicting 12 lambs — 12
apostles as well as other remains of this church were discovered during
excavation works in 1935. In order not to harm the present Hagia Sophia
building, further excavation works were not carried out."


Turkish Phrase of The day:
Burasi cok guzel bir sehir / boorase choke goozel beer sheheer =This is a great city.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

About this blog

I have a passion for traveling and wanting to see the world.. I can spend hours on the web planning my dream vacation and looking up places that I want to go and experience their culture .. When I am actually planning a trip for leisure or for work that’s when the excitement begins and I become alive.. I have a long list of the places I want to see in my lifetime.. and I am hoping that I can fulfill that dream in my life journey.

Bare with me..

I am trying to learn Turkish one day at a time one phrase at a time..
Every day I will post a new phrase at the end of my post. Lets see how much I will learn.