Second day in the trip.. broke my foot..

Talk about bad luck! I tripped on a rug in the hotel while carrying my bag and I fell broke my foot. But I have to say this Thank God for World Nomads insurance coverage that I taken as travel insurance. I was taken to the best hospital in Istanbul and all I had to do was make one phone call to the emergency number that was provided for me in my policy and right away they were making phone calls and sending faxes to send my guarantee of payment to the hospital I was at and calling me to make sure to tell me that they contacted the company here in Istanbul. After that I was seen by 2 doctors the emergency doctor and the orthopedics, x-rayed, bandaged and on my way. All I had to do was sign and give them a copy of my policy and I was done. I am glad I choose World Nomads and they choose a good company to cover me "Bupa" in Netherlands the whole process went very smoothly except for my pain of my broken foot. But I felt safe with the care I got from them. I am never going to choose any other company from now on.

6 comments:

Danielle June 4, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

I am so sorry you broke your foot. I hope you aren't in a lot of pain and it heals quickly!

Carrie June 4, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Oh no! What a horrible way to begin your trip. I'm glad you received proper medical treatment and I hope it heals quickly!

Anil June 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

Maybe your phrase for today should be 'gecmis olsun'!

Lilliy June 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Thank you every one for the kind words. I cant move much for the next few days and with the pain I don't want to. So I am just going to sit in the hotel raise my leg on a pillow and work like I came here to do. I am glad that I don't actually have to move till the 8th may be it will be less painful if I don't have to walk much on it.

Nomadic Matt June 7, 2009 at 4:30 AM  

on the plus side, world nomads help you out!

Dave & Deb June 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

What a bummer. I am sorry about your foot! That sucks. You sold me on WorldNomad for my next trip! Take care. Deb

Post a Comment

Custom Search

About this blog

I have a passion for traveling and wanting to see the world.. I can spend hours on the web planning my dream vacation and looking up places that I want to go and experience their culture .. When I am actually planning a trip for leisure or for work that’s when the excitement begins and I become alive.. I have a long list of the places I want to see in my lifetime.. and I am hoping that I can fulfill that dream in my life journey.

Bare with me..

I am trying to learn Turkish one day at a time one phrase at a time..
Every day I will post a new phrase at the end of my post. Lets see how much I will learn.