Travel Photo: Hagia Sofia Upper Gallery


Aya Sofia Upper Gallery, originally uploaded by Fun Lilliy.

In an effort to learn more about the sights that I have photographed. I have been reading more about the history of the palces I have seen.

I am going to share that info with you, and since I am not a historian and I use simple search engines like wikipedia. I am just going to quote them like now.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

"Upper Gallery
The upper gallery is laid out in a horseshoe shape that
encloses the nave until the apse. Several mosaics are preserved in the upper
gallery, an area traditionally reserved for the empress and her court. The
best-preserved mosaics are located in the southern part of the gallery."


Turkish Phrase of the Day:
Ne? / ne? = what?

2 comments:

Euronics May 21, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

lovely ceiling...i believe turkey is also a great place to visit..

Lilliy May 21, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Oh its an amazing place to go. its has so much history, but its also a fun place to go you get every thing vibrant restaurants, unique shopping, nightlife and its cheaper than the rest of Europe. you can get good deals for lower prices. Istanbul has become one of my favorite cities in the world.

Post a Comment

Custom Search

About this blog

I have a passion for traveling and wanting to see the world.. I can spend hours on the web planning my dream vacation and looking up places that I want to go and experience their culture .. When I am actually planning a trip for leisure or for work that’s when the excitement begins and I become alive.. I have a long list of the places I want to see in my lifetime.. and I am hoping that I can fulfill that dream in my life journey.

Bare with me..

I am trying to learn Turkish one day at a time one phrase at a time..
Every day I will post a new phrase at the end of my post. Lets see how much I will learn.